In an effort to go paperless and being more environmentally-friendly, Indah Water Konsortium Sdn Bhd (IWK) has decided that they will charge RM2 for printed bills. In order to avoid that RM2 of charge, customers can pay their bill through their e-Bill service starting from June 2020. Continue reading Act Now Before Indah Water Konsortium (IWK) Starts Charging
The Wuhan Coronavirus need no introduction. Here, we compile a list to avoid the Wuhan Coronavirus. Continue reading Tips to avoid Wuhan Coronavirus
Roomz.asia is expanding…. We are looking for people to join our young family.
We are a proptech company where we utilise data and technology to simplify tasks, speed up complicated and repetitive processes. With presence across Asia, we strive to improve the property renting space to a level no one has ever seen before. Our plans don’t just stop in Asia, we aim to have a presence in every corner of the globe. Continue reading Hiring Sales Executive
Recently, Roomz has received numerous reports from tenants becoming victim of rental scams. The number of cases is staggering, and we are saddened to hear every time a victim calls to announce the news. Scammers have become more and more daring, pretending to be agent, owner or related individual and they work in groups. Roomz has round up some tips and things to look out for when searching and negotiating for a room. We hope this guide is useful and could alleviate the number of victims. Continue reading 5 Tips to Avoid Rental Scam in Malaysia
Recently, Roomz has received numerous reports from tenants becoming victim of rental scammer. Scammers has become more and more daring, pretending to be agent, owner or related individual and they work in groups. Roomz has round up some tips and things to look out for when searching and negotiating for a room. Continue reading Tips to Prevent Getting Scam
- The rate of credit is RM1 = 1 credit, with a minimum purchase amount of 10 credits each time.
- Credits are used in exchange for premium features, such as the unlimited repost feature, additional active listings and any other premium services to be introduced from time to time.
- Purchase of credits and any unused credits are strictly not refundable and not transferable. Roomz reserves the right to amend the price of credits, credit cost and any products at any time and without prior notice.
Feature Credit Active Listing 5 each Repost 1 each Auto-repost 1 each
- – Each account is given 10 free active listings.
- – Listing can be active and inactive states. Only active listings are advertised and available to be searched by the public.
- – To increase the number of active listing after the free limit, you may make a credit purchase.
- – Each active listing after the free limit (10 per account) will cost 5 credits (RM 5).
- – The number of active listing increased by purchase is permanent and will not be changed.
- – Users may manage the number of active listing by deleting any unwanted listing
- – Each account is given 5 free reposts per day.
- – To increase the number of repost after the free limit, you may make a credit purchase.
- – Each repost after the free limit (5 per day) will cost 1 credit (RM 1).
- – Your listing will be posted to the top of the page with immediate effect.
- – Whenever other users use the same feature or post a new listing, your listing would be pushed down the page.
- – The auto-repost function gives user the option to configure a schedule to repost any active listing by preselecting the time and dates automatically. Multiple time and a range of date may be selected.
- – When user activate auto-repost on a listing, the system will automatically repost the listing randomly within the selected hour.
- – User may deactivate this feature at anytime, before any repost is triggered by the system.
- – A green clock will appear beside the repost button, indicating that the listing has auto-repost function activated.
How to Buy?
Credit purchase can be made online under user dashboard > Transaction>Add Credit by your credit card.
Purchases may also be made through bank transfer. You may contact our representative via webchat located in user dashboard or email [email protected] Please forward proof of transfer stating your Roomz user account name and email and contact number with a description of your purchases. The account would be updated once payment is received and verified in 1 working day
- Account: (please contact [email protected] or via webchat)
- Account number: (please contact [email protected] via webchat)
- 1. Is it free to advertise my property?
- Yes, the listing is free. Each account is given 10 free active listings. Should you need more than 10 active listings, you can purchase online.
- 2. What is the difference between listing and active listing?
- Listing is the total listing in the account. It can be in an active or inactive state. Only active listing is advertised and appear in search.
- 3. I am unable to repost and add a new listing, a message pops up stating that i have reached limit whenever I choose any of the two options.
- The number of active listing has exceeded the number allowed attached to your account. Each account comes with ten, should you need more, please purchase online.
- Whilst, the number of free repost has been used up, you may proceed to make a purchase to use the function or wait for the next day whereby the number of free repost would be reset.
- 4. I have exceeded ten active listings; can I continue to advertise for free?
- Yes, but the repost and add new listing would be deactivated. The active listing would still appear in search. You need to manage the number of the active listing to be at or below the number allowed attached to the account.
- 5. How do I manage the number of active listing?
- You may delete, deactivate or purchase an additional active listing.
- 6. Will I lose the total number of active listing allowed after deleting it?
- No, deleting any listing will not decrease the total active listing allowed. Each account will have fixed ten free active listings initially. Any additional purchases are permanent and will be accumulated.
- 7. How do I register for an account?
- i. Go to roomz.asia and select your country.
- ii. Select at the top right corner, then choose register/ log in.
- iii. Select register on the top left corner of the pop-up screen.
- iv. Fill up the form and select register.
- 8. I am posting an advertisement and trying to verify my phone number, but I did not receive the text verification code.
- Please contact us via webchat. It can be found in listing page on the bottom right.
- 9. How do I report a problem, ask questions and give suggestions?
- Please contact us via webchat. It can be found in listing page on the bottom right.
- 10. How do I reset the password?
- i. Select at the top right corner, then choose register/ log in.
- ii. Select “Don’t remember password?”
- iii. Reset via email or mobile.
- 11. Who can advertise or list a property?
- Anyone who would like to rent out a room, whole unit or carpark may advertise with us.
- 12. Are there any charges to edit my advertisement?
- No, you are free to edit or delete your advertisement.
- 13. I have listed my property, how is it ranked amongst others?
- Once you post a listing, it will appear at the top of the page. Whenever there is a new post or someone uses the repost feature, your post will be pushed lower. You may use the repost feature to get back to the top page.
- 14. When will my listing be up?
- Immediately after posting.
- 15. What is the repost feature and where can I find it?
- The repost feature will bump/push your listing to the top of the page, gaining the best exposure on the page. It is given free 5 times a day for each account to be used on any listing. The location is in listing page, below each listing.
- Whenever other users use the same feature or publish a new post after you, your post would be pushed lower.
- The number of free reposts reset every midnight (0:00 GMT +8), any unused reposts will not be brought forward.
- 16. What if I need more repost of active listing?
- Repost – If you have used up free repost, a pop up will appear. You may use it at the cost of 1 credit
- Active listing – Whenever you have reached the number of active listing, a pop up will appear. You may activate it at the cost of 5 credits. This will increase you total active listing allowed each time.
- 17. How do I keep my listing but not publish it?
- You can place your listing in an inactive state, therefore, not using your active listing quota while keeping it for a later date. Inactive listing will not appear in search.
- 18. I am not getting good response from my listing, how do I get noticed?
- i. Repost your listing to get back to the top of the page, it has the best exposure when your listing is at the top.
- ii. Better quality and good pictures to showcase each area. Pictures should represent real space as much as possible.
- iii. The description should be short and clear, leave out non-important point.
- iv. Pricing should be competitive.
- v. Share your listing on social media.
- 19. How do I change my information such as name, contact and email?
- Select your profile picture on the top right, click settings then edit.
- 20. How do I get a refund or transfer any unused credits?
- All purchases are strictly not refundable and not transferable.
- 21. The price of having an extra active listing is expensive.
- The price of an extra active listing is 5 credits, it is a one-off charge which will be added permanently to your total number of active listing allowed. Thereafter, you may repost at 1 credit each time to bring it back to the top page.
- 22. How do I deactivate auto-repost on a listing?
- Under the listing, select repost with a green highlighted clock.
- Select auto-repost to bring up the schedule. Select cancel auto-repost and confirm your intention.
- 23. Will I be able to change time and dates of auto-repost?
- Yes, as long as the existing auto-repost has not been triggered. Select your new intended time and dates, then select enable auto-repost.
There’s an amazing job opportunity waiting for you in Kuala Lumpur, but you don’t really have anywhere to stay. You have a few friends, but they’re all settled in their own apartments or homes with family and friends with no spare room. Sounds familiar? Continue reading Ready to Move to KL?
You’re ready to take on the world with your own, shiny Roomz room. You’re strategically placed in a prime area with great access to transportation. You’ve got a weekly cleaning service to take care of your space, high-speed internet connection and a growing community of Roomz friends that are always there to lend you a helping hand. Now, you’re looking at your fully furnished abode and thinking of ways you can spice things up just a little.
Personalizing your home might not be as difficult as you may think. It can, in fact, be a fun learning curve that allows you to express your creativity through your living space. Done right, you won’t even need a fancy interior designer or costly contractor to add a little character to your slice of paradise on earth. Here are a few cheap, DIY and incredibly effective hacks for turning your room into your very own safe-haven.
Add Some Flavour
You can almost never go wrong playing with colors (almost), especially if you’re limited to a specific budget and resources for interior adjustments. Through the power of matching color combinations or dashes of bright tones, sections of your room can be made to look so impressive that you might just find yourself considering a career in interior design instead.
Try treating the walls and primary corners of your home with a neutral series of colors for that added minimalist or contemporary vibe after which you can also break the monotony with a splash of something bright. A soft brown, neutral scheme combined with a sudden bright-blue sofa or settee might be a good example of this.
Colors are an effective way to express your personality from the get-go. Use a crazy color scheme for a livelier approach or quieten the mood through consistency and tranquil tones. Your room is your canvas, enjoy the process.
Crank Up the Comfort
The level of comfort in your home can have a direct impact on projecting a friendly and warm personality. If this sounds like you, then it’s time for a spot check on the fluffiness of your pillows and the bounciness of your sofa. You’ll want your room to be the kind where friends come for a visit and end up dozing off in a blissful daze.
There’s no need to fill up your space with wall-to-wall carpeting. Add more soft furnishings like a duvet cover or a rug to inject that extra dose of harmonious balance. You can find a range of affordable fluffy add-ons online or at the closest furniture shop. Make sure to pay attention to the colors, textures and sizes of these items as well.
A touch of nature is sometimes all you need to add a layer of detail to your room. Fauna, potted plants or large vases can all come in handy when you’re trying to go down the environmentally friendly route. There are dirt cheap yet intricately beautiful decorative plants available from various sources. Consider the shape and color of the vase or pot before making a purchase. From then on, it may just be a question of placement.
You could also DIY an attractive flower pot by decorating it with tape and acrylic paint. Pick bright and bold colors so they stand out against the backdrop of your walls. Another idea would be to make a pretty air plant terrarium which can be hung from a ceiling or a tall surface. Use a container which could be a glass globe, a mason jar or any other kind of glass container and combine it with some base materials including moss, gravel, glass pebbles and plants.
In the Details
Last but not least, it could be said that mother of all cheap and effective personalization lies in the detail that you decide to add to your room. One of the greatest things about having your own place is that you can generally go absolutely bonkers in terms of the creative and outstanding ideas you can introduce or try.
Geometric wall art ideas are plentiful and easily found online. You could attempt to make a memo board which can double up as a way to keep track of things you need to do while functioning as splendid decoration. You can use velcro mini fasteners, tie rolls, mini gold nails and a hammer to get this done.
You earn plus points for creative lighting. Have a go at creating a USB-powered lamp which can be crafted through an assortment of bottles and decorations like washi tape or acrylic paint as well as a USB LED touch lamp.
Make a macrame curtain using rope and a wooden rod which is a simple project once you get your head around how it works. Decide on the size and patterns to shape your knots into and watch your masterpiece unfold.
If all else fails, take a trip down to the closest market and see if you can purchase a bunch of cheap, matching pieces of artwork/decorations for your wall or accessorize your desk with handcrafted elements to compartmentalize items and stationaries. You don’t have to be as loaded as Warren Buffet or as talented as Picasso if you’re trying to impress your visitors. Most of the time, all you need is pure passion, creativity and a unique touch.
NOTE: Be sure to check with Roomz management before you make any permanent/big changes to your room/space.
Roomz has entered the sharing economy with a mission to bring renters the best value in the best environment. Along with unique themes and concepts for renters, Roomz also assists property owners that are looking to make full use of their spaces. Follow our blog and find out how Roomz is disrupting the property rental industry.
You’re an individual, you’re in the prime of your life. You might be a working adult, a fresh graduate or a student, most likely single and located in a densely populated urban jungle. You’re making THAT decision (and no we’re not talking about deciding between the Adidas Manazero or the Nike Air Force 1’s). Continue reading Have you considered apartment sharing versus renting a studio?